Glenn Hamer, President & CEO, Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry (File photo)
If Yogi Berra were a political analyst, he might describe the May 3 passage of HB2815 as the second consecutive year that the Legislature passed a once-in-a-generation competitiveness package.
The work put in on this year’s package is a testament to the commitment of Gov. Jan Brewer, House Speaker Andy Tobin and Senate President Steve Pierce to make Arizona the absolute best place to grow a thriving business.
The centerpiece of the bill was a landmark cut in the capital gains tax. Before passage of HB 2815, Arizona taxed capital gains like regular income. But thanks to the Legislature, we will phase in reductions of 10 percent, then 20 percent and finally 25 percent in the tax on capital gains, resulting in a 3.4 percent effective tax rate on capital gains.
To read more, click here
- Third Read HB 2531 income tax; instant depreciation passes 28-0 6 days ago
- Third Read HB 2499JTEDs; per pupil funding calculation (Now: per pupil funding calculation; JTEDs) passes 28-0 6 days ago
- Final Read SB 1312 tobacco product manufacturers; cigarette machines passes 28-1 6 days ago
- Final Read SB 1375 behavioral health services; dependent children passes 29-0 6 days ago
- Third Read HB 2518 cities and towns; approval voting passes 23-0 2 weeks ago