- Republican legislation pushes back on federal travel management rules
- Students Recite Declaration of Independence
- Senator Griffin appointed Co-Chair of Joint Border Security Advisory Committee
- Senator Kelli Ward Selected as Early Learning Fellow
- The big leap: Aging out of Arizona’s foster care system
- Republican legislation pushes back on federal travel management rules tinyurl.com/owgk8o4 #az #azsenate #azgop 15 hours ago
- RT @NancyBarto: Religious Freedoms will be better protected when 1178 is law. just passed Senate. #azright #tcot #1stFreedoms 2 days ago
- Final Read SB 1178 ASRS; long-term disability (Now: exercise of religion; definition) passes 16-12 2 days ago
- Third Read HB 2645 unemployment; employment definition; exception passes 16-12 2 days ago
- Third Read HB 2446 limited partnership(Now: property tax; religious institution; exemption) passes 17-11 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: January 2010
Click here to see President Burns and Speaker Adams on Horizon this week talking about the budget and the opening of the second session of the 49th Legislature. They will appear monthly to give updates from the Capitol.
Arizona Policy Wonk reported there were 18 legislators, including seven senators, who voted on every single measure that reached the floor this past session. All of them were Republicans, and five of them were freshmen. Kudos to the seven from … Continue reading
Set your TiVo or tune in to Horizon tonight at 7 p.m. for the first of monthly appearances on the show with President Burns and Speaker Adams.
President Burns and Speaker Adams were the first guests on Channel 3’s new show Politics Unplugged, which airs Sundays at 5:30 p.m. Click here to watch their segment on the budget.
President Bob Burns contributed a column to this past Sunday’s Viewpoints in the Arizona Republic. Read about his focus for this legislative session: Arizona state government is in critical condition. The fundamentals upon which our economy relies is on life … Continue reading
Be sure to check out today’s editorial in the East Valley Tribune about balancing immediate and long-term solutions to Arizona’s economic and budget crisis. Plan good for state, but it’s not budget fix East Valley Tribune January 8, 2010 Different … Continue reading
ARIZONA STATE SENATE OPENING DAY CEREMONIES 49th Legislature – Second Regular Session Monday, January 11, 2010 12:00 Noon 12:00 p.m. Second Regular Session Convenes, Senate Chamber (Reserved seating in the Senate Gallery for Legislators’ Guests. Guests should be seated by … Continue reading